Join The Board
Shalom Counselling Centre is governed by an interdenominational volunteer Board of Directors. The Board provides direction and assumes responsibility for the operations of the Centre.
Shalom is currently seeking individuals to join the Board of Directors. Those who have skills and expertise in organizational management, human resources, and/or finance and are comfortable with fundraising are an asset.
Board members will normally meet every 4 – 8 weeks to make decisions, setting the course for the ministry. Board members are elected for a term of 3 years and may be re-elected for one additional term to a maximum of six years.
Board members are required to:
- Attend as many Shalom Counselling functions as possible
- Contribute their opinions for the betterment of the Centre
- Fulfill specific duties including work on sub-committees or task groups
- Establish and maintain key community relationships
- Act as ambassadors for Shalom, its employees, clients and services
- Attend the AGM
If you are interested in becoming a board member or would like Shalom’s strategic plan, please contact Shalom at 403-342-0339 or email [email protected].